Sunday, December 13, 2009

Time

Between Malachi and Matthew their was 400 years.
Of, I suppose, silence from God. Its strange to hold up the last page of Malachi and then hold up the first page of Matthew..to really grasp that 400 years of waiting. And it is also strange to realize how outside of time God is. How when Jesus came, he submitted himself to time. To 33 years of it.

'Bethlehem...From you One will go forth for ME to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity. Therefore, He will give them up until the time when she who is in labor has borne a child.'
Micah 5:2-3

As I ask to grow more like him, I think, I begin to see how wrong and sinful I am, I really am baffled at how amazing it really was that he actually came. His flesh dwelt here.
You know those books where you try to find the something different with the picture, or the something that is entirely off from the rest of the scene. Since August, I have sort of felt like that something that is off about the rest of the picture. I have kind of fought my brain to describe it and have decided that is what I am. Maybe it isn't 400 years, but its a span of time, that I sit in..in a picture where I am slightly off. I will sit there for ever if he says so.

No comments: