::My latest trip to Debs Dollar produced this hat, which I love. If ever you are in Cleveland, GA please please please visit Debs Dollar, just off the round-a-about in town square. Its legend.
I was given this book to review by Tyndale. I have read similar books on end times that Mark Hitchcock has written. There are actually quite a lot of them. What I think he does is just look at the climate of our world today and write on it and perhaps comment on a similar aspect to end times. I have read his books from 10 years ago and the formula hasn’t changed much. Only the things happening in the world, have either intensified or changed slightly. He spends the first chapter on worry and how it has intensified in people’s hearts in this age even more. I like that he started with worry, because it is the major feeling I have about any unsettling thing going on today. I am also glad he has written a ‘survival guide’ to end time’s or modern day craziness. It is better to find joy regardless of a situation and I think that’s really most of what this book wants to do. Help us find end time’s signs and find joy. I th...
Tyndale was kind enough to send me this new edition of Hinds Feet on High Places. This is probably one of the most visually beautiful books. It goes beyond a coffee table book. Its the kind of book you want to read + revisit because it just makes you feel happy. It is definitely a classic. This would also make a great Christmas gift this year. Each page has a small, medium, or large drawing and design on it. I love the Bible verses paired with the chapters, along with the artwork chosen. I seriously would framed each section. Plus there are so many hidden gems within this visual journey. Not to mention the richness of the story, which is timeless. The story opens with Much-Afraid and her wish that her feet be like the Chief Shepherd's feet. Basically to follow the Lord where he leads your feet to higher places. It follows the verse Habakkuk 3:19. A look at how the Lord refines us in hard places to get us higher, to be like Him. So that we can walk where He walks...
I received this book from Tyndale. I am in love with this book design. I love all the arrows and I love the meaning behind using the arrows. The Lord describes children as arrows in Psalms and the author uses this visual. Like an arrow, children start with you and go free into the world. It's a simple book and one that I really have needed to read lately, dealing with my three year old. I found the author's writing style calming and comforting. Heidi St. John has seven children, so I know she is seasoned with parenting wisdom. That is how I would describe reading this book. The sections are broken up into prayers for very specific things that come up in parenting life. I really like books/devos like this because no matter what is going on, I can come back too this book multiple times with different problems and be blessed by it. I would definitely recommend this book to any new mom or mom th...
Comments