Review - Breaking Cover

 
 
 32980226
 
 
I received this book to review from Tyndale. I was excited about it because I love CIA insights and human behaviors exposing motives. Which is something the author is best at. I had also watched the special on Michele, when she and Joseph helped the refugees get into Slovakia.
There stories of living in the Middle East are definitely intense and eye opening seeing it from there prospective. As with anything, it’s not like the movies and being undercover with the CIA requires tons of movies and waiting and red tape.
I loved the easy way she told about her 10 years in the CIA and then as a consultant. I did feel she when a little too far in the ‘I am a female and prove myself everyday’ mode. Where I would have just read about her stories and agreed with her without her having to read it in multiple times. The last quarter of the book is about getting the Christian refugees out of Iraq and into Slovakia. It reads a lot like the 20/20 special that was done on it.
Overall, it was educational and helped me appreciate a world that we forget about a lot of times and only think about when it appears in movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most days

Morning

Book Review - The Lifegiving Parent